Sunday, December 18, 2011

Vintage Robot applique for 7 year old


My godson birthday was coming near. It is on 10 December. I was extremely busy and exhausted travelling and tidy up the content of the website. It was the week where I slept practically 2-3 hours a day.

I realized that It is pretty tricky to give a present for 7 year old boy. He's probably no longer categorize as small children.

Recently, I am fascinated by Lilliput Robot which used to be manufactured in Japan. China has brought back the replica of this toy in the market again. And I just love the look. It is a bit retro, the past that determine to be in the future, the era where factory automation and the dreams of space travel existed.
Lilliput robot was ready for the adventure.


I, then, inspired to do applique of Robot on the t-shirt. You know, boys like to wear t-shirt everyday. I prefer something a little bit more personalized for any gifts, well I try. You know how much I hate buying something from famous shop, such as Toys'r'us, Disney shop, Mothercare etc. So, I bought the robot from the boutique in Cathay building where they sell vintage stuffs. 

The picture above was at the beginning before I sew all the parts. Forgive the bad photo quality, I took it from the phone camera when I was rushing to travel to Batam.


I am unable to show the result because I was rushing even going to his birthday party. I did last minute sewing and ran to get a cab with the kids. It wasn't perfect at all. It was the first time I did applique on the t-shirt and yeah, it was challenging! T-shirt is not an easy material to work with.

Well, I just hope he likes it. But I love making it. it was a learning process. 

I am going to start making another one for my son! :-)

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com - background image by Wagner Campelo