Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting ready

We are going home in about a month time. Yayy! I will be finishing my study at the end of May and hop, we will be off to Singapore. I can't believe how time flies so quickly!

Sure, I still wanna be around France throughout the springtime but there's nothing much better than our own home. I am not talking about the important of the place, we could be anywhere else in the world. It is the homey feeling, our nest and of course, our love. We miss a part of us, my darling husband who has been working 24 hours without us around.

I really can't imagine myself found my own bed and cooking in my own kitchen after a long time. And I do hope Noelia could sleep well in her own bedroom. She's getting taller and lost her baby chubbiness at around 17 months, she's a little girl now. Each morning when she wokes up, I found something in her has changed. Sometimes she mentioned a word that she heard yesterday from me or her grandmere. Haha, I believe her brain is actively working and rehearsing during her sleep....

When we arrived in Singapore she should be 18 months of age. We decided to put her in the child care for a half-day for her and my own sake. I don't believe in having a maid at home will be much of a great help since our house is not that big. We are able to get regular part-time helper that we have been using for almost 2 years. One of the other reason to put her in the child care for a trial at least 3 months is to provide her a space to express herself and socialize with other adults and kids. I know, it is hard on my part to let her go just like that everyday. I don't have much difficulties with her alone, she understands and can adjust the situation pretty well. Beside, it is the good place to play with toys since we don't want to pamper her with too much plastic toys at home. The good toys are precious learning tools and it is not easy to look for. And I hate to spend soo much money to buy new toys to be throwned out everywhere in the house.

I don't believe in structured education for such a young age. I've been looking from the child care around our place until the most exclusive childcare in town. I was surprised that the higher cost could get as much as our university's fee per semester. This make me wondering what can of education system they offered to their young students. Sure, I was tempted to listen to my ego to put her in the best school for 18 months old girl! She could be a genius kid, she will learn mathematics and singing like a rock star, maybe she could even work by the age of 6 years old and I will be retiring young. How nice! She'll probably will suffer pyschological problem soon...

I need to work for my own sanity and our financial budget to raise Noelia. Some people don't have much choice especially when we live in the big metropolitan city of Singapore. Those green notes are the only precious transaction acceptable to satisfy our physical being at the moment. If I can choose, I'd like to work beside my children someday so I can spend sometimes together.

Ok, I still need to do more research on what child care I should get Noelia when we're back. Really looking forward!

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com - background image by Wagner Campelo