Monday, August 24, 2009

Lazy Sunday Mini Cheesecakes


Ludo is in Cambodia for more than a week. This weekend, I wanted to go easy. The weather has been perfect for cocooning on the canapes with a cup of tea while watching TV. It's rare to have rainy and windy weather in the hot spot Singapore. Ah no, I wished I could do that.....I have a toddler!!

So I put those minds away from me. I called my ex-room mate who stayed a few months after I came back from Paris in 2004. She lives in Yishun now, 40 minutes away by MRT train. We used to bake or cook together on the weekend if she wasn't busy with hairsaloon training. It always nice to have a visit and we plan to do simple baking on lazy sunday while we update each other lives. She loves baking cheesecake and I miss it!

Noelia decided not to nap at her usual time. My friend came, and she immediately wanted to play with her. Noelia used to be shy with new people, but with my friend she loved her. They gigled, danced, sang, and do the silly things. After a few hours, finally she napped! There you go, we have time to make the cheesecake inspired from the toddler's recipe book.


Mini Cheesecakes
No Baking. The muffin cases are needed for these cheesecakes. It's great for tea party and I think I'm gonna make these for her birthday celebration.
Ingredients
6 digestive biscuits
50 g butter
1 tub of philadelphia low fat cream cheese or mascarpone cheese (if we use this mascarpone we need to add 120ml double cream)
icing sugar (it depends how much sweet you want)
fruits, anythings like kiwi, strawberry or canned-peaches.
Line the muffin-tray with 6 large paper cases. Put the biscuits in the ziplock bag and crush them using your hands or a rolling pin. Take out the butter from the fridge and let it soft a few minutes. Put the butter together with the crushed biscuits in the bowl and stir it with your hand or wooden spoon. Divide the crumbs between the cases and use clean fingers to press firmly into the base of paper. Chill in the fridge whilst you prepare the filing.
Mix and fold it together the philadelphia cream cheese and icing sugar until soft. Spoon the filling onto the crumbs on paper cases. You may put them back in the fridge for awhile so the cream chesee will get hardened. Meanwhile, you can prepare for the fruits by cutting them small. You can decorate the top part anything you like.
Good luck!




0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com - background image by Wagner Campelo